Friday, May 31, 2013

Easy Almond Flour Bread Recipe (My Favorite)

Easy Almond Flour Bread Recipe (My Favorite)
Image by Tania Franco


With the intention of creating healthier lifestyle choices for our family I decided to bake a wheat and gluten-free almond flour bread. The last couple of years since having my son I would walk into the kitchen and my mind would go blank, so the kitchen has not been where I feel the most comfortable.
I thought I would try it and if it didn't pan out I can just buy a healthier loaf of bread from the store.

I have found the almond flour bread recipes I have made to be easier than I could have imagined. My son and I have been baking our own bread for about 2 months now and I can see ourselves continuing to do so since it's practical and simple. Everyone loves it.

The following recipe is adapted from The Cooking With Trader Joe's Cookbook: Dinner's Done, one of my favorite cookbooks.

Easy Almond Flour Bread Recipe:

Preheat Oven to 325 degrees
4 1/2 cups of Almond Meal or Almond Flour
2 Tbsp. Sugar (Xylitol or Stevia)
1/2 tsp. of Salt
1tsp. Baking Soda
1Tbsp. Baking Powder
5 Eggs (whisked)
1/2- 3/4 cups of Plain Yogurt
Slivered Almonds (any type of seed, this is for sprinkling the top of the bread)

Mix dry ingredients (almond meal, sugar ,salt, baking soda and baking powder) in one bowl. Mix wet ingredients (eggs and yogurt) in a separate bowl. Then mix both together. I mix it with a wooden spoon and it takes a minute or two to come together. Then I put the dough in a greased loaf pan (5x9 inch). Before putting it in the oven I add the slivered almonds to the top of the mixture. The bread takes 55 minutes to bake. Let it cool off. Once cooled I put it in a storage bag. I slice the bread as I use it so it keeps its shape and doesn't crumble. I recommend putting it in the refrigerator or in the freezer so it lasts longer. Ours typically runs out by the end of the week. It's that good!

Our daily lifestyle choices impact our health greatly. We are empowered in each moment. You can begin where you are and remember to celebrate your triumphs whether big or small.

-Tania Franco

No comments:

Post a Comment